In-person Worship Time: 11:00 a.m.
Online Worship Time: 11:00 a.m.
Join us online through our YouTube channel (FUMCPitt)
Our Sunday morning worship service follows a typical Protestant format, including hymns, music, scripture readings, a sermon, an offering, prayers and meditation. Our worship time together is deep, lively, varied, and intergenerational. It is the hour when the whole life of our congregation comes together in song, dialogue, prayer and praise to celebrate our work, our mission, our growth, our spirituality and our faith. We are a Christ-centered, open-minded, dedicated congregation that enjoys being together and growing in faith and understanding. Newcomers and visitors are always welcome.
During worship, our children:
- Serve as Acolytes, leading the procession into the sanctuary and lighting the altar candles.
- Lead congregational processions on Rally Day, Palm Sunday, Pentecost and others.
- Read the scripture on the Sunday they receive their Bible.
- Collect funds and items for mission projects.
- Play drums, sing songs, create puppet plays, draw pictures to become part of the worship experience.
- Gather for a children’s sermon during worship known as Family Time.
- Give a children’s offering during Family Time. The money they raise supports varying organizations and charities.
- Grow and play during worship in classes offered for infants through third grade, while older children stay to listen to the scripture reading before heading to classes of their own.
- Participate in Communion with the rest of the Congregation on the first Sunday of the month.